Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMYK printer profile or RGB?

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is there a way to definitively confirm if a printer uses an RGB or CMYK profile? (reason for custom profile calibration)

My own printer in question is an HP color laser CP1515n,

but I would like to knowin general if its possible to find an answer via windows printer driver info or maybe a 3rd party application?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

G.Hoffmann wrote:

»station_two« , I don't think we disagree (any more).

Some years ago, CMYK printers used Adobe PostScript and were generally high quality devices, expensive because of both reasons.
I'm surprised that such a low-cost printer is equipped with a PostScript clone (emulation)…

In our private household, my wife and I share a much cheaper, wireless, networked Samsung monochrome laser printer that also has a PostScript clone.  It looks like such clones are a dime a dozen these days.

G.Hoffmann wrote:

Would you tell me your true name by private E-Mail?

Best regards  --Gernot Hoffmann

Of course—though I think you already may have an inkling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...As for the RIP, you mean RIP is the software with what you print? (sorry i'm not very techinicial, especially with printing)"

Yes.  RIPs ( raster image processor ) are specialized print software which delivers color closer to the intent, better screening, and smoother lines.  They typically are a step above your average print driver.  And they take advantage of .icc profiles that are included so you can select the appropriate paper for a better print experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines