Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting Colour from different image

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

I am currently trying to use the colour from another image (first image) and then have the second image use that colour to balance the whole photo.

Example:

The blue from photo one is meant to be the same blue in a small section of photo two.  I want to select Blue from photo one and tell photo two to focus/balance/filter the second image with that Blue being the initial point.

I understand this will affect the whole of the second photo, but I was wondering how this is possible.

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

this is pretty straightforward in Photoshop if the two images are in the same colourspace. (Like sRGB for example). You may be able to adapt this to Lightroom. Its done by matching the RGB numbers.

Take a colour sample of the blue and note the 3 numbers RGB. Photoshop has an eyedropper for this.

Now set a permanent colour sampler (can you do that in Lightroom?) on the spot in the second image you'd like to match and use the curves tool to correct the colour to match whilst watching the numbers of yiur sampled spot change. Yes, the whole image will change but if the blue item in both images IS the same colour (I mean the original blue item that was photographed) then that will likely be a good thing.

neil barstow colourmanagement.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for that.

It has helped so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines