• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I check the "Embed Colour Profile" box when saving as jpg/PDF?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be so grateful if somebody could tell me whether this box should or should not be checked. Is the answer the same whether I am saving as RGB or CMYK, should it always be checked, or never be checked? I can't find a clear answer on a google search!

At the moment, I do NOT check it if I am saving as CMYK as I then get a hazy film over the jpg's, like they are washed out. If I am saving as RGB then I DO check it.

I just would love to know the correct answer!

Thanks

check box.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a predictable hard proof proving Color management? It been a year. 

Okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a new question.  Start another thread and explain what you mean by "it's been a year "

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bob. Not interested in starting new thread. Color management is the same conundrum it has been since the beginning. I'm certain the majority of color profiles are not maintained. Profits are in proofs and errors. How do you keep up with all the input, output, substrates, monitors, inks, heat OTD, and weather? I predict color with numbers and have a spectrophotometer to measure, eyes 100% legit. It's great, you have simular qualifications as I. I'm curious. Thanks for your reply.

Okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines