Exit

Where is the Colorsync in Monterey ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Colorsync in Monteray ?
In other words:
Where do I install color profiles in Monteray ?

Everywhere I read Colorsync folder is under Library/Colorsync/Profiles Folder

In the iMac the folder Colorsync is absent however, in the MacBook it is there ! Both machines are updated.
Any help would be appreciated !

i-bRrXzkJ-L

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a few places: There SHOULD be a Colorsync Folder in the Computer's root Library (not sure why you don't see it), as well as one in each homefolder <user>/Library, and even one in the System/Library/

What could help is to open ColorSync Utility and click on any profile and on the right, above the gamut map, will be the path to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! This helped out and solved the isue for me. You could say that I got to the "Root" of the problem.   

I've started adding tags and colour flags to the folders I strugggle to find or have lengthy paths. this has helped me loads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. It helped me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing in terms of ColorSync or where profiles reside have changed in 12.x (a few more bugs...). 

You can find the location of nearly all profiles using the ColorSync Utility which is an application provided by Apple. 

One of the more common path's for profiles (there are a few): 

/Users/~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Place them there, you're good to go. But also see: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines