This conversation has been locked.

ICC profile is invalid Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using photoshop for many years and have recently had to reinstall everything.

I have reinstalled Creative Cloud as well as Photoshop. As it loads it gets hung up on 'Building color Conversion Tables...' and then closes throwing up the error message 'Could not initialze Photoshop because the ICC profile is invalid'.

I have searched through these forums and various other places to find a solution and I have tried everything I have found to sadly to no fix.

I have tried;

• changing my 'Colour Management' profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
  • holding down Ctrl + Alt + Shift, starting Photoshop and deleting the Adobe Photoshop Settings File when prompted.
  • uninstalling and deleting every part of Photoshop from my drives.

All to no fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I truely love photoshop and use this product often.

If anyone requires some details on my set up I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Monitor DELL S2240L and Acer PNP19.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by D_Fosse | Adobe Community Professional

"delete all the colour profiles associated with both monitors"

Yes, that's what we advised from the beginning 🙂 You say you're not sure why, but the profile is simply corrupt or not written to icc specification. It happens a lot. Many monitor/laptop manufacturers can't seem to get this right (Acer, Dell, Asus, LG and Samsung are the worst offenders) - but they still get these profiles distributed through Windows Update.

Photoshop loads the monitor profile at startup - whichever is set up as default for that display in the system - but if Photoshop detects a broken or invalid profile it will either throw a warning, or worst case not start up at all.

As always, the proper and permanent fix is to get a calibrator. The monitor profile is an essential component in the Photoshop ecosystem and you need to be in control of it.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to the Color Management Board.

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the photo in Paint or similar and save. Worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines