• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone classic blue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use Pantone Classic Blue in my next design document. Can someone tell me how specify this swatch in my colours palette?

PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Pantone Colors that are not available in the Pantone Libraries in Adobe Softwares can be used from PANTONE Color Manager.  Go to Pantone.com and purchase that and all of the new Pantone Colors will be available there

from Pantone below:

"The best way to use Pantone through Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign®, Photoshop®, and Illustrator®) is the Pantone Extension for Adobe Creative Cloud. The extension includes all available Pantone libraries and colors including the 294 new colors added to Pantone Matching System™ (PMS) Coated and Uncoated added as part of our most recent color expansion, along with the following features:

• Search and filter rapidly through all Pantone libraries and colors
  • Import color from your artboard to find closet Pantone matches, and export Pantone colors to your swatches panel
  • Convert CMYK, RGB, and Hex values to Pantone colors
  • Create, tag, save and share Pantone color palettes in collaboration with your team
  • Cross-reference Pantone colors to closest matches in other Pantone systems
  • Get analogous, complementary, monochromatic, split complementary, triadic and tetradic harmonies for all Pantone colors
  • Reference color-specific data and quickly find color samples on Pantone.com"
ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

After purchasing Pantone Color Manager, can the OP then import any wanted Pantones into Photoshop so they are listed in future?

rchronister

Are you using a final print process with an extra "special" color on the print run [i.e. will PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue ink be used in addition to the regular CMYK process colors]?

If not there's little point in paying for software to allow you to use the Pantone color in your design - if its to be printed out of CMYK process inks in the end its very unlikely to match your expectations.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

The user can import any PMS color that is not in the Adobe libraries.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, thanks

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pantone Color Manager is a stand alone application that lets you export complete Pantone book libraries as .acb files, which can then be installed in Adobe InDesign 2020/Presets/Swatch Libraries where they will show in the New Swatch dialog’s Color Mode. There should be a 30 day free trial, which will let you export and install the latest libraries at no cost. When I ran the trial a few years ago I found it to be a difficult interface, and not that easy to export the .acb files.

I don’t have a lot of experience with Pantone Connect (it’s a web extension that works in ID or PS, and is not the same as Pantone Color Manager), but it looks similar to the Adobe Color Themes extension, which connects you to the Adobe Color website, and allows you to create color themes without leaving InDesign or PS.

Pantone Connect connects you to the Pantone site, lets you search for any color directly from the extension panel, and get its Lab value. So it would be a good choice for occasional Pantone color work where you don’t want to export, install, and maintain all of the latest Pantone .acb libraries.

The TXC colors are for textiles and Connect gives me this for 19-4052:

Screen Shot 2.png

The OP could manually create a new Spot Lab Swatch 31|-4|-36, and not deal with the more complex Pantone Color Manager .acb exports.

Screen Shot 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines