• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with colors

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know what I can do to solve the following, I make a design with purple colors, but when I save them in JPG and see them on my cell phone, the colors become colder, for example purple turns into brown, how could I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile phones are irrelevant for evaluating an image’s appearance as long as they are not meaninfully color managed. 

What is the image’s Color Space? (And please don’t write »RGB« but give the actual Color Space.)

Do you convert to sRGB if you are exporting? 

Do you embed the profile when saving/exporting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you can do when sharing images for web use is Export them and whilst doing so Convert them to sRGB colour space and Embed the colour profile.

Don't expect a match on a phone screen though, phones are not colour managed (despite the marketing hype)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I suggest you convert your images for use on a handheld device such as a mobile to sRGB [edit/convert to profile] and save with the sRGB icc profile embedded

does it help?

it could be that the purple image you have created is beyond the gamut of sRGB and, therefore, outside the gamut of some handheld devices. Best to work in sRGB colour space to stop this happening

more about colour profiles here: https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

Things are improving on handhelds as manufacturers move towards Display P3 gamut. Those will still display sRGB well but to be fair that’s wasting a bit of device capability. 

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to the Color Management Board.

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The white point of different displays may not match, so a color match is not possible under those circumstances.  Take the cell phone to a more blue-white environment and see if it looks better is about all you can do.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines