• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I open any image in the photoshop, it opens different. Pls help

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the print when I open any image in the photoshop, it opens different.On the left side, the image on photoshop, on the right side, the original image. Someone knows how to fix this? Its very annoying

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capturar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The image on the right is not in Photoshop. It's opened in Fotografias. How are you opening the file? With File > Open from inside Photoshop?

Is Fotografias the Windows Photos app? I would probably just close it.

I'm not sure I understood your question correctly, though. If not, please clarify.

~ Jane

95C67168-73F8-4BAB-ACC4-739B55B702F6.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's Windows "Photos", which is not color managed.

Photoshop is right. Photos is wrong. It is not "the original image". Why do you think a consumer photo viewer is more correct than a professional image editor?

All this assuming that you have a healthy and correct monitor profile. Defective profiles from the monitor manufacturer, distributed through Windows Update, is a quite common problem. This is why people buy and use calibrators, to have full control of the monitor profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

D. Fosse is right about the Windows "Photos" program - basically Photoshop is showing you the true image colour because it uses colour management correctly, Photos does not. 

Colour Management uses the monitor display profile to accurately display image colour and tone.

more on that here: https://www.colourmanagement.net/the-basics/why-do-i-need-colour-management/

If you'd like to rule out a corrupted display profile affecting this situation, please read on:

Display profile issues 

At least once a week on this forum we read about this, or very similar issues of appearance differing between applications.

Unfortunately, with Microsoft hardware: Windows updates, Graphics Card updates and Display manufacturers have a frustratingly growing reputation for installing useless (corrupted) monitor display profiles.

I CAN happen with Macs but with far less likelyhood, it seems.

The issue can affect different applications in different ways, some not at all, some very badly.

The poor monitor display profile issue is hidden by some applications, specifically those that do not use colour management, such as Microsoft Windows "Photos".

Photoshop is correct, it’s the industry standard for viewing images, in my experience it's revealing an issue with the Monitor Display profile rather that causing it. Whatever you do, don't ignore it. As the issue isn’t caused by Photoshop, don’t change your Photoshop ‘color settings’ to try fix it. 

If you want to rule out pretty much the only issue we ever see with Photoshop, you can reset preferences, I never read of a preferences issue causing this problem though:

To reset the preferences in Photoshop: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

To find out if this is the issue, I recommend you to try setting the monitor profile for your own monitor display under “Device” in your Windows ‘color management’ control panel to sRGB. You can ADD sRGB if its not already listed. 

And be sure to check “Use my settings for this device”.

(OR, if you have a wide gamut monitor display (check the spec online) it’s better to try Adobe RGB instead).

Quit and relaunch Photoshop after the control panel change, to ensure the new settings are applied.

NB__colourmanagement_0-1591789303153.jpeg

If this change fixes the issue, it is recommended that you should now calibrate and profile the monitor properly using a calibration sensor like i1display pro, which will create and install it's own custom monitor profile. The software should install it’s profile correctly so there should be no need to manual set the control panel once you are doing this right. 

Depending on the characteristics of your monitor display and your requirements, using sRGB or Adobe RGB here may be good enough - but custom calibration is a superior approach.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried to  reset the preferences in Photoshop, didnt work, also tried setting the monitor profile for my own monitor display, dindt work.

From my experience with photoshop (it's little) the color that photoshop opens being the right color doesn't make sense, because this only started to happen now, before it opened like Photographs opens. Look at this example, on the right is a digitalization of a drawing of mine, on the left is it open in photoshop, look how it looks very different, this hurts the editing process, I can't edit the drawing because it doesn't look like what photoshop opens.

2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to emphasize: This didn't used to happen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is color managed and uses your monitor profile to correct for your display. If you use a calibrator to make an accurate profile, Photoshop will represent the file 100% correctly on screen. But the monitor manufacturer's profiles (often distributed through Windows Update) may not be up to that standard.

Most other applications aren't color managed at all. They don't use the monitor profile, and how the file appears on screen is entirely up to how your monitor behaves.

If you want accuracy you can trust Photoshop, but you must have a good monitor profile. Applications without color management will always be untrustworthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW in this particular case I think the black vs. white interface is playing tricks with your eyes. Set Photoshop to a light interface. I always thought the dark interface is a bad idea for this reason. Looks good for watching videos, but confuses the perception of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines