• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe forum links broken

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When searching for something, related to adobe, all Google links point to https://community.adobe.com/ It's impossible to find the threads... For example, Google shows the https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1394891 link, this points to https://community.adobe.com

If the adobe forums has been changed, the old links should point to the new links, it's a simple web development / SEO fact.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Adobe is now using different forum software, and messages before 2016 were not transferred from old to new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is now using different forum software, and messages before 2016 were not transferred from old to new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  At the end of the link in the Google results, there will be a little carat pointing downward.  Click on that, and you can get to the Google Cache of the posting.

This is a monumental screwup by Adobe, IMO.  The various programs are so full of quirks, it is invaluable to be able to get to a solution within seconds.  This additional step is maddening, but at least the information is still there **somewhere**.  Thank goodness for Google Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank-you very much craigburnett, your solution helps me considerably as what is left on Adobe forum posts does not contain the weath of knowledge that it used to. Searching for information on the new forums gives very poor results. Using Google cache is working for me and i never would have been able to figure that out without your comment answer.

Edit - although the green arrow giving Goggle cache does not appear on all forum posts, for example an older 2008 post I just tried accessing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The situation changed a little after John T Smith explained.
As of November 30, 2019, it seems that old posts are gradually moving to the new forum.
As far as I confirmed, there was a 2008 post, but it seems that not everything has migrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines