Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asking a questions signs me out

Valorous Hero ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I want to search for an answer, I go to the relevant community and switch to the overview tab.

I then enter some text into the "Ask a Question" box and then my instinctive action is to hit the enter key. This causes the forum to log me out.

I am using IE11 on a Windows 7 system. Do I have something set wrong or must I just avoid using the enter key?

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian,

Do I have something set wrong or must I just avoid using the enter key?

The Enter key had an unwanted effect (although different) even before the latest change.

It may be safer to avoid the Ask a Question altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem is that we like new users to do a search before they start asking questions. I know some users are being logged out and becoming even more frustrated by Adobe's support. The "Ask a Question" could be the first thing they are seeing when visiting the community.

I would like to either see the enter problem fixed or the item removed from the overview screen.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hit the Enter key it should start a new discussion.

If you just type into the Ask box and wait, it should bring up search results.

Does the log out happen in all forums? Or just specific ones? Can you point us to one place where this happens to you? And do you use the Remember Me box when you sign in to forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It happens in this forum and in the Photoshop Elements forum.

When I hit enter key, I do get the new discussion form but after a few moments I get the Adobe log on screen. If I then fill it in and send it I then get this message.

oops.jpg

I do set the remember me option and most of the time I am not logged out from one day to the next.

Newsflash: I just tried it using Firefox and I don't get logged out. Must be a problem with IE 11.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Brian.

I will pass it along to the tech folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines