Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot approve or mark response as correct

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Maybe someone here can help me out. My recent queries to the community have been answered, but in all cases all I can do is "like" the response--there is no "approve" or "issue resolved" or "correct answer" button for me to choose on the page. So, of course, I keep getting emails asking me to mark an answer as correct. 

If someone could please tell me how to go about closing a query that would be wonderful.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Fritz I have no idea where you are looking but it is My Profile. 

This is YOUR "My Profile" page.

2019-10-18 18_55_55-About Fritz_Hansen - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Hi fredl65064644,

We received some reports last week about the inability for original post authors to be able to mark replies as correct answers. We found the bug last night and have a fix ready for an upcoming release.

Thanks for reporting,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed this when I recently posted an issue. Not only that, the field for responding no longer expands so I can see what I'm typing. I just get a single line that doesn't wrap. And there used to be a link within my profile for "my content" or something like that. What's up with all these changes? I recently received an email from the Adobe Suppor Community asking me to mark one of the responses to my post as correct, and that seems to no longer be possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are both correct. This new community is still evolving and this should become possible by the end of October/early November if the planned features are rolled out on time. It is certainly intended that the author of the original post should be able to show it as resolved by having the ability to mark a response as correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, and I can understand the need to work out kinks (but that's what a sandbox is for?). At any rate, if someone could just stop the "Did you get the answer you needed?" emails that would be super. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And will there be the ability to look up one's history of questions & answers like before? I have found that useful in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that thinking it would be there but it’s not. Hoping that feature will be restored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH, you mean the one within the post! I was looking up at the top, which seems a much more logical place to have it. So if I’m not currently actively taking part in a post, where will I find that history? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click once on your avatar (top right on the web page) you should get the following choices:

My profile

My follows

My settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. And none of those items gives me my history of past questions. I do get that history when I click (or tap) on the avatar that’s inside my replies in this conversation. So if I’m not participating in a conversation but just want to revisit an old one for a refresher on some issue, will I be able to find that history somewhere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fritz I have no idea where you are looking but it is My Profile. 

This is YOUR "My Profile" page.

2019-10-18 18_55_55-About Fritz_Hansen - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I got it now. I was looking for a link like there used to be that said My Content or whatever it said. I didn’t think it would be under My Profile since that history really isn’t part of my profile. And when I looked there I saw a bunch of little icons along the bottom of the screen that looked like the bottom of the page. Didn’t scroll down. Sorry for the misunderstanding but it really seems much less clear than it used to be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This supposedly Better forum system is a MESS and the people responsible should be Fired. 

Glad you got it figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fritz, you wrote " Not only that, the field for responding no longer expands ". This is a horrible problem but has a simple, strange fix. You will see a blue REPLY button after each post. IGNORE it and go up to the top of the page. Now find the FIRST blue reply button and click it, you should get a larger box with other options. No, I didn't guess that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually T_S_N that has been changed. You now get the Rich Text edit window the same as using the reply to OP.

But that does not mean you should use the other Reply buttons (Like I did on your reply)

Nested Replies HAS TO BE REMOVED. Along with that Stupid banner about Community Guidelines.

2019-10-19 05_44_26-Solved_ This supposedly Better forum system is a MESS and ... - Page 2 - Adobe S.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm pretty much done with all this--no more time for what should be a developer's issue. Unlike the screen shot above, my screen shows no "correct answer"  option to check.

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fredl65064644,

We received some reports last week about the inability for original post authors to be able to mark replies as correct answers. We found the bug last night and have a fix ready for an upcoming release.

Thanks for reporting,

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines