• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install fonts

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install a font from dafont.com, and when I drag the font file to the font folder in Vista it says I need to give it permission to continue.  When I click continue, it still doesn't install it.  how can I fix this?  I tried creating a new user that is not an administrator as suggested by Windows Help but that didn't work either.

Joel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

This particular forum is dedicated to making comments about the forums themselves or asking questions about how the forums function.

Normally, at this point you'd be advised to post in the appropriate Adobe forum for the Adobe product you are having a problem with, but in your case it seems that no Adobe products are even remotely involved in your issue.

???

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permissions has nothing to do with Adobe... that is a Windows problem... search at

http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John and Tai for your responses.  I tried to use the software forums but it would not let me post a comment.  I spent 40+ minutes chatting with what I thought was a real person but was an automated system.  Ridiculous.  Anyway, I couldn't post on the software forums, only these General Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you can post here but not in the product forums? And, in any case, your problem has no relation whatsoever with any Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Adobe forum is the right place to post about a Windows problem with a 3rd party font

I posted the link to find Microsoft help... search at that link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines