• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No information?

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there are other cases (didn't find any easily) but I found it curious to see someone's avatar without any of the usual information:

anuevo.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

When I am signed in as a regular user I see what you see. When I am signed in as an admin I see more info on his account.

This is as expected because the user in question has set his profile privacy to not show any of the additdional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen bits missing now and again, usually number of posts or date of non joining, but never everything.

You might imagine a stealth membership, but for the avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the avatar shows if you're not logged in. Post count and join date are hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thanks for answering, but I think I am not following you. I see the avatar, post count and join data of people who have not come to the forums for months and even years. And if that's not what you mean, I cannot open a thread or post a message if I'm not logged in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Dave is saying is that if YOU are not signed in you will only see the avatar without the additional information. But you should still see more info in the pop-up you show in your next message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I am logged in (for the Nth time today), and I can see the relevant information of everyone else, as already stated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

As I said in the first post, I sometimes see only part of what should be there.

And I never look at anything unless/until I am properly logged in.

By the way, I see (not) what Claudio sees (not) while writing this post, which I only can because I am logged in. Notably, on the Profile page there is no information beyond raw participant status including gravestones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to Claudio's post, I have kept an eye out for Mike M's posts, to see how his avatar and stats display. I have encountered several on the Ps General Discussion Forum, but all displays have been full, and properly formatted.

Logged-in on Chrome running on a PC.

Will keep an eye out though, and will report any avatar/stats display anomalies.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing the issue whether or not I am signed in with Safari or Chrome (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am on vacation, on a poor mobile connection, and I do not have here my beloved Mac.

I see the problem with just this single user using either IE or Chrome on a Win7 machine. Could you please confirm that if you look at this person's profile you see all his information, and not what I see and posted in message #4? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hovering over his icon when I am NOT signed in, I see the expected information (Total points, total posts, recent activity). Same thing when signed in. When signed in and I go to his profile page I see his photo, as expected.

Enjoy your vacation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for the time being, we are just resting. But you haven't answered my question; you say "When signed in and I go to his profile page I see his photo, as expected.". His photo and all his other information, and not what I posted in my message #4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am signed in as a regular user I see what you see. When I am signed in as an admin I see more info on his account.

This is as expected because the user in question has set his profile privacy to not show any of the additdional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll be ******. I had never noticed that one can hide that type o0f information, and I had never met another case in which someone had chosen to hide ir. And, to be frank, I cannot imagine any good reason to hide one's total posts and join date. Let's hope that Mike M notices this thread and is willing to explain why he chose to hide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does he need to explain himself? I'm not his mommy. If he wants to hide his info, that is up to him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Why does he need to explain himself? I'm not his mommy. If he wants to hide his info, that is up to him.

Of course I know you are not his mommy, that's why I didn't ask you for his reasons to hide this (in my opinion) totally inocuous information, which I think it is useful for other users. And of course he has no obligation to explain his reasons, and I now see that I wrote "Let's hope" where I should have said "I hope" or, even better, "I wish" . I was simply trying to express my personal wish to understand why he had suddenly decided to eliminate that information from public view, but it seems that my Spanish-to-English switch wasn't functioning at its best.

In any case, I than you very much for taking the trouble to explain how this information can be hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

I just had a look at the (updated, I presume) privacy options, and that explains the different amounts of (core) information made public.

I have just moved the astonishing Member Since date out of sight (I hope).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You too, Jacob"? I didn't expect thar reporting what I thought was a bug would grow into a (to me) undesirable fashion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, Claudio.

I will try to be good, and reconsider.

The reason for my removing the astonishing Member Since is that it is simply wrong.

I am unsure whether I was first here in this Millennium or the one that went before, but it was long before the late summer of 2006. And we have gone a much longer way together.

I have kept everything else.

Speaking of astonishing Member Sinces, you may have a look at those for Pat and Dave and many others.

I believe those dates have something to do with forums being moved about, merged, and whatnot, over the years, and in later years maybe with ID issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I know. I'm not sure that my own join date and number of posts are correct either, with so many things happening over the years, but I don't care. At least, they show that I am not a newcomer, and I think that's what matters. But your number of posts is also gone! A lonely avatar does not look nice to my old eyes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I have restored, so everything should show again; it seems that the post count is shown or hidden with the supposed joining date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I am in the same corner, as you - I show as having joined in '02, which is wrong also.

Now, I woud not anticipate "credit" for the NNTP days, long before the Internet, but 2002!?!?

However, to sooth Claudio, I will not hide anything...

@ Claudio,

Thanks for pointing this out, as I have learned something from the post.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, Jacob, thanks for understanding that it's so easy to please an old man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Claudio.

Us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio,

Never an issue. I usually agree with you, at least 98% of the time, and openly state that here!

Besides, I really think that it is I, who is the "old guy" here.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines