• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text entry from an iPad

Guide ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the first time to use the forum editor with an iPad (for some private message, if that matters).

It would not show an insertion point caret or accept any typing in preview mode.

After switching to html mode it at least took some text, but still was missing the caret and did not respond to the cursor placing gestures.

Could you eventually add a plain text entry box as last resort?

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take a look at this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/635325?tstart=0

According to post #1, the problem has been reported to those who should solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I hope that someone can bump the priority.

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dirck,

We are not on the most recent version of the Jive platform. Even if Jive were to support the iPad, there is a very good chance we will not see it here soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are atleast 1.5 versions behind what out at Jive/Clearspace Last I heard Jive at the Jive home from was using 4.0 or better.  By the  time Jive/Clearspace/Aodobe forums think about the iPad will be but a distant memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2010 May 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

Did you take a look at this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/635325?tstart=0

According to post #1, the problem has been reported to those who should solve it.

See my reply to that thread. FYI this is being written on my iPad using iPad Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines