• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Do I Go to Access My Profile - E-Mails Are Killing Me?

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where Do I Go to Access My Profile?

I have got to turn OFF E-Mail notifications, as I have gotten over 3,000 since the "new & improved Jive" went live.

I know that it's just hidden, on say page 300 somewhere (like posting this question!), but I cannot find it.

TIA,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Sign into forums and go to:

https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa

There is a checkbox for moderation items where you can turn these off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign into forums and go to:

https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa

There is a checkbox for moderation items where you can turn these off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John C.,

Thank you, as always. That link was exactly what I was looking for, but could not find.

Much appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hidden in your profile (access on the top black bar). The dropdown list has an ítem called Preferences. That's where the link in adobe-admin's message takes you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back... and that will teach you to be away for more than a few seconds

The other thing you are going to find is that Jive 7 is now a "social networking" site, so EVERY TIME you post a new message, or reply in an existing message thread, you are going to have to IMMEDIATELY click the FOLLOW link at the upper right, and select the option to STOP FOLLOWING... or your inbox will fill up with every new response

So far, there is no way to globally turn the FOLLOW option off (that social networking orientation) AND I have found that reply messages I posted before the Jive7 switch are also generating automatic FOLLOW commands so I have to go back to each individual message and click to STOP FOLLOWING

Of course, that extra work is offset by BLAZING SPEED of the new forum software... are we having fun yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting eMails from responses to threads I post in...

Seems like there are a couple of preference settings that govern that...

EMailPrefs.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T.,

Welcome back... and that will teach you to be away for more than a few seconds

Yes, I feel that I have been abducted by aliens, and dropped onto a landscape, which is unfamiliar to me - everything up is really down, and everything down is really up. Here I thought that I would just sit out the transition, and pick right up, where I left off, but was very wrong. I am just glad that my InBox is digital, and not analog, as it would have crushed my desk under the weight of all those e-mails!

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the aliens have 4 arms, and you are introduced to a beautiful 'human' princess... check your name tag to see if it says John Carter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, that name tag says something different if you're looking vs. if everyone else is looking.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you're saying is that falling into the J7 rabbit hole means that nothing is what it seems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That only appears to be what I am saying.  It depends on who, where, when, and how you look.

Ponder:  "My points are your points"

Points.png

At least I can now insert that screen grab.  But it appears fuzzy (to me, here, now, on IE11) unless clicked, which makes little sense.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines