• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect 9 recordings keeps CRASHING. Anyone having problems with recordings?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to Adobe Connect support team and all the users,

I decided to open this topic after a month of discussions with support team, but didn't get a proper response. They tried to help, but when asked about the root cause and how to solve it, discussions stopped.

Everything began with an update to 9 version. We were using 8 version without recording problems. We are University and recordings are vital to our study process. When September approached, studies began and problems showed up. Some of the recordings were unusable. There were a lot of variations of how those recordings not working. Some stops at a certain point completely, some stops while skipping to some point manually (the same situation as written in Common Recording known issues), some videos has no sound or/and video, while chat and slides does work. These problems does not appear in every recording being made, but we cannot afford letting these things happen more than let’s say twice. But it happens again and again without any indication or error pattern. I contacted Adobe a month ago. At first they seemed to be very helpful. I supplied them with logs, meeting room and recordings information. They were even able to fix one of the fault recordings that I showed them. But when I asked why it is happening and how to fix a root cause, said they wanted to make an audio call with me. I understand that we are at different time zones, so it can be a little hard to communicate, but usually such enterprises have support teams working in a lot of time zones. At one time I couldn't come, because my work hours were over, so we arranged another meeting and support team member didn't show up. I offered another time and got no response. 5 days passed - still no response.

For support team I want to carry a message that I want recordings fixed as well as knowing a root cause for this and how to avoid it in a future. Or at least I want to get a proper response - just tell me if you can't fix it or if you plan to fix it in a future version of AC. But keeping users “happy” with a promises or trying to communicate but not coming is not a nice behavior.

As with Adobe Connect users I want to have a discussion if you have similar problems as well as telling about such a scenario and make you think twice before upgrading to 9 version. It really has ‘something’ in its recordings playback function.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use the hosted version of Connect and when we upgraded to v9, we also had alot of issues - especially with audio not working. While we worked with the Adobe support engineers to fix this, we setup a computer and used Screenflow to record our weekly live classes. I hope you can get your issues fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines