Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Practice Bandwidth & Video Settings

Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have a best practice for bandwidth and video settings for meeting rooms?  Please share .

Many thanks...

Lynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live video or pre-recorded video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. For live I find it depends on the number of individuals streaming live video. If you are in the 1-5 range, there shouldn't be a big issue for using the highest quality setting for the live video. 5+ I would start bringing it down in quality and ultimately you may need to take it to the lowest quality for a large number of live videos.

For on-demand video, I stick with settings around the following:

FLV

720 X 480

800 kbps

These numbers are just a guide, going above them may lead to performance issues, and going below may improve the experience. In the end it all comes down to what you are willing to trade in quality for bandwidth required to deliver it.

For room bandwidth settings, I generally don't change it from LAN unless I know that my audience will require some bandwidth throttling. Shifting down to DSL/Cable will reduce the quality of everything in the room by limiting how much bandwidth can be used. It's a good feature if you need it, but can be frustrating if you don't.

These are just my thoughts on settings as a user, as I don't work for Adobe. I've not seen any documentation from Adobe about recomendations (just a chart of what bandwidth will be consumed on average by each function in Connect). If anyone else has thoughts or guidelines they have put together, please share them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback Jorma - your so knowledgeable, I assumed you worked for Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get that sometimes, that's why I'm sure to state I'm not, so I don't miss-represent my comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines