• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breakout room configurations

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make a meeting go smoother, I set up several layouts in advance to be used for breakout sessions.  For the first breakout session, I make "Layout 1" with it own set of chats and documents.  I tested them.  They worked well.  Then I made a different layout - Layout 2 - for another breakout session.  Overall, I made about 6 different layouts for different breakout sessions.  When I make Layout 1 the active layout and started the breakout session, each room showed the configuration of Layout 6, the last layout created for that meeting. 

I am getting the sense that if I want to change the breakout room configuration, I must clear out the breakout room and reconfigure it before sending attendees back into the breakout room.

Is there a way to set up different breakout room configurations up in advance and then call them as needed during a meeting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can have up to 20 breakout rooms per meeting room. They will take the configuration of the active layout in the room, the first time you activate them. This is the behavior you are seeing,

You could create, say, 3 breakout rooms, and activate them for the first time using layout 1. Stop the breakout session and then create three more. Move to layout 2 and activate the breakouts. Breakouts 4-6 will then be set up like layout 2. Repeat the process until you have 18 rooms aligned with 6 layouts.

That is the only way that I know of having multiple versions of breakouts pre-defined to use in a single meeting session. Not perfect, but all you would need to do is move attendees from one breakout to the next during the live session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines