Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breeze quiz question

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2006 Dec 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I thought I'd move this to the General Discussion category...I am at wits end.

Is there a solution for this problem? I am running Breeze Presenter 5.1.269 . If users navigate backward after getting to a fill-in-the-blank 3-question quiz, and then try to progress through the quiz, Breeze freezes. It says they didn't answer the question completely. "Allow backward movement" is enabled in the quiz manager. Please help.

I also notice that you should never use the Page Up or Page Down keys because that causes the same problem. Shouldn't users be able to navigate either way? (keyboard or clicking arrow icons?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2006 Dec 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to recreate the problem. Did you edit the quiz objects directly in PowerPoint after creating the quiz? This can be rather touchy. Otherwise, can you post a link to the quiz (or a test quiz that shows the problem)?

Oh, and I can navigate fine with Page Up and Page Down. Perhaps this issue is related the former. Have you tried simply re-publishing the quiz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate each time, but it's an intermittent thing... our company has also experienced this to where I also coined the term "Breeze Freeze." The only thing consistent about it is that when it occurs, it's always within a quiz.

Looking for help with this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to T and to Ingrid the Great! for the replies. As a workaround I just disabled backward movement in the quiz, I removed the "Review Quiz" button, and I placed a big warning just prior to the quiz stating that students must not try to navigate once they enter the quiz mechanism. (Inside the quiz the back arrow is now disabled.) Not perfect but it does work if they follow the directions.

Before I did this workaround, I could replicate the error every single time. The main trigger for this error was trying to navigate backwards once you get into the quiz. Apparantly, using the Page Up or Page Down keys were'nt the cause. It was *any* backward navigation (or skipping a question) that caused the freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines