• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I watch a recorded connect session on an iPhone?

Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to watch a recorded Adobe connect session on my iPhone. I open the Connect app, type in the URL, and it tells me that I need to install Flash. Am I missing something? Bceause I know I can watch a live session on Adobe Connect on my phone. Why not a recorded session?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The playback of a recorded session is not currently supported for mobile devices. You can either use a Flash enabled browser on your iPhone or a computer to watch the recordings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Connect 9.1.1, you can convert your recordings to MP4 format, then you can watch the MP4 recordings on your iOS devices via the web browser on the device.

The MP4 conversion is available to hosted customers only and it is a paid option so it's not enabled by default. The MP4 conversion is not available to those who run their Connect server on premise.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So by paying (a lot) extra for an on-premise solution, my company loses a feature that was a primary selling point? Is this restriction documented anywhere at all? The v9.1 release notes it clear that MP4 conversion is a feature of 9.1 but, though mentioning on-premise installations in several places, it's not even hinted that MP4 conversion would work any differently for on-premise installs versus hosted accounts. Sure wish that bit of information was made available to me before I re-upped our licensing this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect that the MP4 conversion will come to licensed deployments in the future. So keeping current on your M&S will give you access to that feature if/when it does become available. While it isn't mentioned in that document, Adobe did publicly communicate that it is only available for hosted customers at this time (one example): http://blogs.adobe.com/adobeconnect/2013/08/introducing-adobe-connect-9-1.html, and your reseller should have communicated that as well.

You may be able to work with your reseller to get a road-map call with Adobe to see if that MP4 functionality is expected any time in the near future for licensed deployments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines