• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Sync SWF File

Explorer ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to share a SWF file I've created using Adobe Captivate. I want to be able to control (i.e., start & stop) the video so that everyone is viewing the same portion of the video at the same time. The sync button does not seem to work and everyone is viewing their own instance of the video. If I publish the file as an MP4 and share that I am able to control everyone's view of the video like I want to, but I would prefer to use the SWF since the quality seems to be a little clearer. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into the preferences for Captivate (Edit > Preferences) then go to Project > Publish Settings. Make sure the Publish Adobe Connect metadata is checked. This should ensure that the sync swf information is included.

Captivate - Connect Metadata.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this and it still didn't work for me. It seems to publish the metadata as separate files. I also tried zipping the files together when I published them to my computer and then share the whole zipped file in the meeting room but this still didn't work either. However, what does work is if I publish the file to Adobe Connect as content first, and then share the content in the meeting room. Doing this then gives me the option to sync and unsync the video. Whereas before I was publishing it to my computer.This works whether or not I check the "Publish Adobe Connect Metadata" box.  I would still like to figure out how to share it from my computer and sync the video without having to publish it as content first. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines