Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHECK BOX FF

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2007 Oct 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends,

I have a PDF document containing a variety of Form Fields. I am using Acrobat 5.0 – yes I know it is old.

Can someone please tell me… is it possible to have a Check Box Form Field, that when selected generate a line of text elsewhere in the same document? I have tried to clone a Form Field and then change its properties to TEXT instead of CHECK BOX but that did not work.

I have read some of the HELP files and understand that using a line of Java might do the trick, but I am Java challenged. Any help or tips would be more than greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help and time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, you will need to create a text field to receive the text and then add a "Mouse Up" action to the check box to update the text field based on whether the check box field is checked or not; or add a custom calculation script to the added text field.

You will get more responsed in one of the http://forum.adobe.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ Acrobat product Forums rather than the Connect product forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines