Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect Mobile Shortcomings

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

As an higher education institution with an iPad initiative, we are finding the Adobe Connect Mobile app for iPads to be a bit lacking. There are a few behaviors that we've observed that I'm hoping folks who use the system regularly can tell me if the issues are bugs and if they are going to be fixed by Adobe or if we can fix them on our end.

1. Chat history seems to limited to 25 - 27 entries. So if the chat is a long one, there does not seem to be a way on the mobile app to scroll all the way to the top of the chat to see questions/ideas brought up earlier in the session. (Note: we run 3 - 4 chat pods during a session)
  2. URLs in Chat or on Slides are not active, cannot be clicked, and cannot be copied when using the app. This prevents participants from accessing the resources.
  3. Quiz/Poll results show a graphic representation of the responses in the browser, but that does not appear to be the case in the app.

This has been tested on iPads running iOS6 and iOS7 with the same results.

I'd be happy to provide images if you need examples of what I noted above. Let me know if they would be helpful.

Thank you for your time,

Amanda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda,

Are you using the Connect mobile app on your iPad strictly as a Host to manage everything in a meeting, meaning the Host does not have access to a computer? Are you a hosted or licensed customer? If you are licensed, what version is your Connect server? I assume you are using the latest Connect mobile app version 2.1 for iOS. Can you please confirm the Connect mobile app version just in case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for your reply ClubMinh,

The app is the latest version 2.1. The Connect server is the latest version, though I cannot confirm hosted or licensed at this time. The app is being use by students primarily to participate in the sessions. The hosts are using laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amanda,

In regard to item #3 "Quiz/Poll results show a graphic representation of the responses in the browser, but that does not appear to be the case in the app." Did the Host on the PC click the checkbox "Broadcast Results"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ClubMinh,

The graphs of the results were showing for those on a laptop, but they were not showing on the iPad so I'm assuming the host was broadcasting results. Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines