Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Chat History

Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having previously been horrified to discover that Chat Pods have a very limited cache size (and worried that we'd lost the history) we then discovered this could be recovered using the "Email Chat History" function which seems to remember more than the pod window will display.

However when we use this we get a 'bounce' email to the administrator email account to say that sending the email has failed.

The 'details.txt' file contains the following information:

Reporting-MTA: dns; cpmailer2.acrobat.com

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 7C0E21A6C69

X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; ***adminemailaddress***

Arrival-Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 06:23:07 -0600 (CST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ***adminemailaddress***

Original-Recipient: rfc822;***adminemailaddress***

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; outbounds6.obsmtp.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 530 SMTP authentication is required.

Unfortunately I can't see anywhere to setup the SMTP details that the system seems to need in order to be able to send the information successfully. To be honest I'm not quite sure why I would need to provide SMTP details and it can't just be sent from Adobe mail servers? Or is that what it's trying to do but failing and I need to log this as a bug?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. You need to report this to Adobe Support and they will need to cordinate with Adobe Hosting Services to determine if this is just your server or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply.

Do you have an email for Connect support? I feel stupid asking but honestly I've just spend 10 mins going round the various websites in a circle without seeing a support email address anywhere - it's all login forms and downloads and other weird stuff I can't get to work for me.

It's as if they don't want to give it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it is not support via email.

You have to call in to support. If you are a paying customer, that is have a maintenance and support contract, then you are given a Tier 2 support number as part of your contract agreement. If you not a paying support customer, then you have to go here to look up the proper Tier One number based on your country: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

you should see the number listed for your country to the top right side of the page or you can select which country and the right number will appear.

They will require you to call in to support and generally will have to call you back once assigned to an agent on duty in Tier One Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines