• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhanced Audio - Is it worth it

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that 11.2 offers Enhanced Audio.  The side-effect is that participant's can't use mobile.  I'm terrified to turn it on for fear of excluding participants who might need to join in mobile.

Is the quality improvement worth it?  Noticiable?

Is this something that will eventually be enabled on mobile?  It certainly is nice to have that option?

Will the problems with VPN still exist despite enhanced audio?

Just some thoughts.  Appreciate the discussion.

TOPICS
Desktop application , HTML client , Meetings , Mobile client , Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the quality improvement worth it?  Noticiable?
We do hope so. It is a MUCH more modern audio codec, so there would seem to be no reason why you wouldn't see a significant improvement. But time will tell.

Is this something that will eventually be enabled on mobile?  It certainly is nice to have that option?

I suspect it will. Adobe has mentioned working being done on a new mobile app, and I couldn't imagine that Adobe would not have plans to continue supporting the mobile marketshare. 

Will the problems with VPN still exist despite enhanced audio?

I don't know that the enhnaced audio will change VPN issues. It really comes down to the traffic protocol and the allowance/denial of that traffic through the VPN. Since Connect will use WSS and RTMPS protocols over port 443 or WS over port 80 and RTMP over port 1935, your network team who manages allowed traffic over the VPN would likely need to set up rules that allow that traffic through or around the VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines