Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash movie with sound

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gurus....  help please....

We created a bunch of animated Flash presentations years ago (when it was Macromedia) with ActionScript and synchronized a Flash sound file to play along with them using an ActionScript slider that advances the frame in each file (animated graphic and sound) as it goes. But this means it is two separate flash files (kept in the same directory).  Not elegant, but it worked. To present them, we created a series of linked HTML pages that had the animated swf embedded and we found a way for it to be able to drive the sound swf in the same folder.....

Fast forward to today and we want to present them in Connect.  Obviously they will play more efficiently if uploaded to the hosted server, but the sound doesn't play for the participants. What must we do?  We love the vector based graphics, so I don't want to turn them into Flash movies. Besides, we already have a play bar.  So here are my challenges.

1. Get the sound to play for the participants

2. Get the flash movies organized so it is as easy clicking forward and back arrows to summon them (we have dozens of them and picking the from an open dialog is too time consuming, error prone and they aren't displayed in the right order).

Maybe a simple solution is to find a way to pipe my PCs sound into the stream going to the participants and not involve any Flash alterations?

P.S.

Someone asked a related question in 2008 and I saw no replies.  If I could get into the forum from the Adobe Connect User Community that was lost in the hack, maybe I could find something there...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

The Collaboration Builder SDK document in the developer center for Connect, http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html, should give you the guidance needed to set up the file structure. Basically, you need a launch file named index.swf, placed in a zip file with all your supporting content, and then that calls the appropriate files to be played back.

Also, keep in mind that Connect 9 is an AS3 application, so your old SWFs (AS or AS2) will likely not work, and could cause the Connect room to b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Collaboration Builder SDK document in the developer center for Connect, http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html, should give you the guidance needed to set up the file structure. Basically, you need a launch file named index.swf, placed in a zip file with all your supporting content, and then that calls the appropriate files to be played back.

Also, keep in mind that Connect 9 is an AS3 application, so your old SWFs (AS or AS2) will likely not work, and could cause the Connect room to become non-responsive. So be sure to test your content before going live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jorma.  (You are an amazing resource for the community - thanks!).

So it looks like I would need to migrate to a newer version of Flash for all our graphics.  Not a small undertaking since they were done on a Mac (and I don't have one) and the person who did them for me is not available.  They loved special fonts as well, so I'd be looking at buying the fonts and moving it from the Mac to the PC (there will be bound to be gotchas despite it being said to be cross platform).  If I go that far, I'd probably want to rethink things (moving sound into the graphics file and seeing what native player controls are available now).  We easily have 80 graphics, so a bit of work.

BUT, you have answered my question and that is great.  Thanks.  No sound for now...  😉

P.S.

There is something to be said for backward compatibility.  I work in a computer language that has been so over many years and it has avoided a LOT of cost that would be needed to upgrade. But I guess some of this is the cost of progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines