Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Adobe Connect Collaboration Builder SDK 2.0

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am fairly new to writing plug-ins for Adobe Connect, so be gentle! I have a some questions..

1. I guess the first, and most important one, is "is this the best forum to post in"? If not, please re-direct me to the appropriate one.
  2. I see various SDK versions coming up in the Tag list. Is 2.0 the latest one for Connect?
  3. One of my planned plug-ins includes the ability for the Presenter / Host to set / clear everyone's statuses. I can see from the docs how to set / clear my own status, but all of the references I can see in the documentation to other users appear to be marked "read only". Am I missing something here? Is it just the list that's R/O, but the individual properties are R/W (assuming appropriate security level)?
  4. Is there any way to save preferences / state information within the meeting room, or would I need to provide an external web service to store this?
  5. Is there any way to interact between pods? For example, could I have a pod that the presenter has in the presenter's area that collates information from pods shown to the attendees?
  6. Assuming the answer to the previous question is "yes", is there any way to interact with the "stock" pods (for example, could I advance the slide in a PowerPoint presentation that is being displayed as a Shared Document)?
  7. Similar to the previous question, can I write a custom pod that builds on a stock pod? For example, say I wanted to add functionality to a Screen Share, or a Web Cam (Like, say, adding a watermark or adding some custom buttons.)?

Thank you for reading this - I look forward to reading the responses!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

1. This forum is as good as any other. The other location would be Adobe Connect User Community but I'm not sure that the responses would be any different.
  2. Version 2.0 sounds correct to me for the current version that is available. If you got it from here, Adobe Connect, then you have the current version of the SDK.
  3. I am a bit rust with the SDK but I believe you can use it to clear users status but not set them. Meaning, you can't force someone to raise their hand or give applause. Being a R/O setting, you can see when they set a status.
  4. The meeting rooms are persistent, meaning the remain in the configuration you leave them. What preferences/states are you looking to keep?
  5. Yes, this should be possible. Look at the Q&A pod which can be split into two pods, one in the POA and the other in the main stage. The two pods communicate with each other. Or the Engagement Dashboard which displays information about polls asked and answered and Q&A questions asked and answered.
  6. In your example, I'm not sure what the benefit would be. Why would you want to advance a PPT presentation from a tool in the room other than the Next/Previous buttons on the Share pod with the presentation in it? I don't believe there is a way to interact with the stock pods, which may end the question all together.
  7. No, I don't believe this is possible.

Probably not all the answers you were hoping for, but I hope it helps.

Jorma 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jorma!

Ok, so to follow up on a couple of these....

3. That is exactly what I want to do... How is it done?

4. I have noticed that some Pods seem to go back to defaults when either the room is closed, or a Layout that doesn't contain the Pod is used. (Take, for example, the Stage Lights custom Pod). I would like for my hosts to set up the Pod the way they want it and for that setup to be stored. Somewhere!

5. Exactly! Does anyone have a source code for the Q&A Pod so I can look at it?

6. This was an example. I have a number of times when I would like to be able to control a stock Pod "externally".

7. Shame, oh well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines