Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License Confusion

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2007 Jun 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry but I am confused about when I need a software license and when I don't. I would be extremely grateful if anyone would take the time to look through my questions and point me in the right direction.

1. If I use Presenter to publish a series of on-demand presentations to a web site, I guess I need a software license to design the presentation. However, do I also need a software license for each concurrent user I expect to view these on-demand presentations at any given time? The people who will watch the on-demand presentations are effectively public visitors to our web site who will simply click on a link and watch the presentation.

2. If I use Trainer (not sure if this is the correct name) to publish self-paced on-demand training courses to our web site, I guess I need a software license to design the course. However, do I also need a licence for each concurrent user who could view these courses from our public web-site. These courses would NOT be instructor led and would simply be public visitors to our web site clicking on a link and going through the course.

3. If I use Trainer to host an instructor led course, do I need a software license for myself and also each participant?

4. If I host a meeting, do I need a license for myself and each participant?

5. If I share my desktop do I need a license for myself and each participant viewing my desktop? Also, for support purposes, can a public user allow me to remotely connect to their desktop? If so, how many licenses do I need?

Sorry about the number of questions but I really want to buy Connect Professional and I can't get this information through talking directly to Adobe as I can't get talking to the right person.

Thanks in advance for any help as it will be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Answers

1. You don' need concurrent learner lic for people to watch the presso. If you want to enroll and track answers, then you will. To click and watch only, no

2. When you buy Concurrent Learner lic, you effectively are buying Connect Training - which will create courses, help enroll and track students, give detailed reports, create curriculums, etc. Again, the key is if you want to enroll, track answers, and see the detailed reports = Concurrent Learner lics.

3. Connect Training and the meeting tool (Acrobat Connect Professional) really don't work that that way together. The lic needed for you and other for that live meeting are 100% discated by the ACP lics you buy, not Concurrent Learners/Connect Training.

4. Yes. You can buy meeting space two ways -concurrent use (how many at one time are in rooms) or named organizer (the ability to create and host a meeting with X amount of people who can join in the room).

5. All the meeting lic you purchase covers whatever you want to do in your meeting rooms, effectively. No to this question.

PM if you need a reseller - there are some great Q3 deals by Adobe going on right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines