Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make recordings "public" via the API?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the connect API to get a list of meeting recordings.  By default these are all set to "Private".  I'd like to be able to see the status of the recording, and in some cases, make the recording public (via the API).  Is there a way to do this using the API?

Also, my understanding is that recordings are not immediately available - that the audio sometimes needs to "Sync" up.  Is there a field in the API where I'd be able to tell if the recording is still not ready? 

Thanks for any help.

-Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Welcome Jim,

There is not a method for making the recordings public via the API. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future release.

If the recordings are created using VoIP or Universal Voice, then they will be available as soon as the Host selects to stop the recording. If the recording is made using an integrated phone bridge, the audio can take up to 24 hours to sync with the recording (phone bridge vendor documentation). In my experience it only takes 30 min to 2 hours to sync up, depending

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Jim,

There is not a method for making the recordings public via the API. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future release.

If the recordings are created using VoIP or Universal Voice, then they will be available as soon as the Host selects to stop the recording. If the recording is made using an integrated phone bridge, the audio can take up to 24 hours to sync with the recording (phone bridge vendor documentation). In my experience it only takes 30 min to 2 hours to sync up, depending on the length of the recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

Thank you for your response - so with the sync - is there any way to tell via the API when the recording is actually ready?

Thanks,

-Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe so, unless it gives a status in the data returned in the query. If you give a 1 hour buffer from when the recording was finished, that should suffice most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines