Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP3 Player in Connect 8

Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description for the Connect Pro MP3 Player states:

"--- NOTE: Do not use with Adobe Connect 8 ---"

Is there any intention of updating this for version 8, or is the capability provided some other way?  I find it nice to have sound in a lobby so participants can set their volume and have found this player to be a good source for this.

Karl_S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is being updated.  Understand the Pods on the Exchange are developed by partners, customers, and some Adobe employees outside of their normal duties.  These are not supported by Adobe.  So, that being said it will be updated soon.  The Pod is being tested and re-worked for C8 and beyond.

There is another option that works great:

1. Launch Apple GarageBand

2. Create a new project - Podcast

3. Remove all tracks except the podcast track

4. Drag and drop music from your iTunes library

5. Drop them so that each song is one after another on the same track

6. When done, choose Export Podcast to Disk from the Share menu

7. Choose the option for MP3 Encoder for the "Compress Using" drop down menu

8. You will then have a large MP3 file that you can upload to Connect by using Share Document, then select the file, and you will see the player which will sync across all attendees.

Note of caution: with this method you will see that all attendees regardless of status (Host, Presenter, Attendee) will have control over the pausing and playing of music. That means that if user A in St. Louis hits the pause button, then all attendees will see the music pause.  Solution: Start the music playing, then move a Note pod over the top of the MP3 pod so it is hidden. Only Hosts can then control the music. Another option might be the presenter only area.

This works quite well because Adobe Connect natively supports uploading MP3 files.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!!!! You are an angel! I've been searching for 2 hours for a way to get music into the room and this workaround does the job.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

It sounds like, since I have Audacity and not GarageBand, I could:

1. Launch Audacity
  2. Append multiple mp3 files into one file
  3. Save this as a mp3
  4. Upload the mp3 to Connect by using Share Document, then select the file, and I will see the player which will sync across all attendees.

Of course, if I only wanted to have 1 track play, I could just use it in step 4.  Not as slick as the mp3 player, but a work-around.

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, any MP3 type tool can create one single MP3 file with multiple songs inside.

The MP3 player is coming.  It had to be completely re-written so that no ActionScript 2 code was in it.  The new one is being tested and re-worked so it is better and can be re-sized. I'm not doing the work but helping a friend test it out here and there. So far, it looks good. I'm a fan of MP3 as a way to get the meeting started on a happy foot with music!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MP3 player you mention is this availiable for adobe connect 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe MP3 Player for Connect 8 is posted here on the Adobe Connect Exchange:

http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/extend.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the MP3 player you point to I tried to play my one large mp3 file located here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16225033/NitieMP33.mp3 , it recognized the track but did not play.

I used MP3 Album Maker by makeitone to make the one large file

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You upload the file into the Connect Central library  - you cannot point to a dropbox link.....the player wants to see the MP3 file in the Adobe Connect Central library as a public file. There are instructions in the file you download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines