• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 conversion on server

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current functionality for converting meeting recordings into MP4 video for playback on mobile is quite limited. It works fine for a couple of videos but does not scale to the need of providing mobile users with the ability to watch recordings of meetings that take place several times a week. The current process ties up a computer for the duration of the original meeting length and there is no way to automate it. This is particularly painful if you want the converted MP4 hosted by Adobe where you have to upload it back to the server.

I haven't seen any discussion so I'd like to make the proposal that this process be updated to run on the server. I'd like to be able to select a "Make MP4 video recording" setting for a meeting where it will produce not just the usual meeting recording file but also an MP4 version alongside. This way, I can provide that URL to my mobile users since the mobile client does not support the playback of meeting recordings.

How feasible is the above proposal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a service that Adobe offered, for a while, but decided it was not popular enough to continue supporting. There is a third party offering for this service now, from eSyncTraining. Feel free to reach out to them or me off forum, jorma[at]realeyesconnect.com, and we'll get you a demo of the offering and pricing for it.

eSyncTraining - MP4 Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I'll inquire about your service although my feeling is that support for mobile viewing of meeting recordings should be a built-in feature of Adobe Connect. Mobile isn't going away anytime soon and if the mobile client doesn't support viewing recordings then they need to make conversion options that aren't a time sink for their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines