• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On screen timer needed

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clinet wants to have a timer show on the screen during his meetings. At the start of the meeting we'll start the clock and let it run during the meeting. The timer has to be visible (and of course syncronised) on all participants' desktops. We're doing mainly video so we looked for something that would superimpose a timer onto the video screen but never came up with anything. I see that there is a Flash app called Digital Timer, which would be perfect exept it doesn't seem to synchronise in Connect 8 for all the participants so it's a non-starter. If anyone could give me a clue how we could do this, I would greatly appreciate it.

/sch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pod posted here for Connect 8:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=2330525

This is posted in the Adobe Connect Exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've seen that but it doesn't do what I am looking for. That pod counts down from a predetermined value (and as I recall is only visible to the presenter). What we're looking for is a timer that counts up from zero and is visible to everyone attending the meeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't a pod that does what you want.  You could write your own pod using Flex and the toolkit.

Another quick option would be to hook up a small webcam and focus it on a clock/timer.  You can connect multiple webcams and camcorders to Adobe Connect by using the Firewire ports and USB ports on the laptop/PC/Mac. Each browser instance can connect to a separate webcam.  That way you could use Safari for the webcam focussed on the speaker and use Firefox for the webcam focussed on the clock/timer. In Connect 7.5 you can right mouse click on the Adobe Connect desktop area and tell Flash which camera to use.  In C8 there is a drop down pod option to tell Flash which camera to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines