Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Problem

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I ran into this problem where all my swf files embedded in my Breeze presentation (through microsoft power point) are being converted to images rather than being flash files. I have checked the properties in Breeze for all of the swfs and the embedFile is set to true. I have tried embedding video as well and the same thing is happening. what makes it more complicated is that a few days ago I did work on a presentation with interactive swfs and published it without any problems.
any help is appreciated. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This sounds like the bug between Breeze 5 and Flash Player 9 as discussed in this this Breeze Presenter for PowerPoint thread;

Embedded SWFs not working with Flash 9

(Assuming you're using Breeze 5 with Flash Player 9 installed)

For some reason Adobe removed the TechNote (9204eb8) that provided an updated DLL file to fix the problem At one point after removing the TechNote, Adobe tech support posted in another thread stating anyone having the problem could e-mail them for the new DLL.

Anyway, you have a couple options if you are having that same problem…

The first would be to contact Adobe Tech Support and ask for the updated version of ppt2swf.dll to fix the problem with Breeze 5 and Flash Player 9. I don't know why they removed the TechNote, but maybe they'll still provide you the fix.

If you can’t obtain that file, you’re second option would be to roll back the version of Flash Player to version 8. Breeze 5 appears to work fine out of the box with Flash Player 8. Here’s a link to the archived Flash Player installs.

Archived Macromedia Flash Players

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines