Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieve Chat History

May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In one of the meetings the Chat discussion got cleared inadvertently. Is there any way to retrieve the chat history?

2. My second question is if there are limits in chat pod - is the text in chat pod limited to certain number of lines or characters?  If there is a limit what happens if you go over that limit of lines/characters in Chat. Is the chat text lost or truncated?

I am using Connect 9.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Custom pod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you have a licensed deployment and the setting for Enable chat transcripts is turned on, then you should be able to retrieve the chat transcripts from the server. This feature is visible, but not available on a hosted account.

Enable Chat Transcripts.JPG

2. It looks like the server stores 250 lines, while the user client stores more: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topic/5205/adobe-connect-text-chat-limit/

Message was edited by: Jorma Jennings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma!

The chat transcripts I believe are stored on the Adobe Connect server in the folder " rootinstall\content\account-id\sco-id-version\output\ (for example, C:\breeze\content\7\21838-1\output). The file name format and type is roomname_date_time.xml " -  per Connect Help document. Is that the only way to retrieve the transcripts?

Can a host retrieve the transcripts on Connect and is there an easier way other than downloading the source file which only a server administrator will be able to do?

Do you have to record the meeting in order to save and retrieve the chat transcripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I believe that you have the two options.

• Have access to the server.
  • Record the session and extract the chat transcript from the recording source files.

I hadn't really thought of using the recording feature for that, so kudos to you for thinking outside the box on that one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

For question 1, Jorma is absolutely right; if your site is hosted by Adobe and the meeting was recorded, you could pull the chat transcript from the XML files within your recording. Look for any file labelled FTChat_#.xml. It's not perfect (you'll have to sift through the unnecessary XML data to get to your content), but the data is there.

The other thing you could try is contact Adobe Support. They can get to the meeting (application) logs, which contain chat data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have questions. 

I believe that the host deleted partial history of a chat(along with the audio), and I'm not sure how... Furthermore, I am no longer allowed to enter the room since I'm not an employee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If chat transcripts are enabled, then the old chat could be pulled from the server. 

https://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/working-with-chat-transcripts/

However, I'm not sure what is meant by deleting the audio. Do you mean that they editied the recording? 

I suppose the other thing to ask, if you are no longer with the company, what are you hoping to do? If you don't have access to the account, you aren't going to be able anything with what is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines