• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving text edits in CQ5 causes error message. Changes not saved.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In editing the landing pages via the Event Admin > Event Templates tabs, I am randomly incapable of saving even minor text edits to the template.

I have used various browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

More frequently than not I have stumbled upon this error messag and it will not allow me to save these changes to text fields.

When I refresh, close CQ5 and reopen, sign out, restart my browser, etc. the text box that turned into the error message does not show.

Here is the beginning of the error message:

Error during include of component '/apps/connect/components/simpletext'

Error Message:

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: java.io.IOException: Cannot write file /var/classes/org/apache/jsp/apps/connect/components/simpletext/simpletext_jsp.classtmp, reason: javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Unable to update a stale item: item.save()

Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sstephc,

When you are getting this error message -

i.) While editing existing text component on landing page and then click on "Ok" button. OR

ii.) Drag-drop new Text component from sidekick to landing page and then edit it and click on "Ok" button.

Thanks,

Vikash Acharya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines