• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing Adobe Connect Addin for IE.

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is trying to get into a Adobe Connect Web Conference.  He has the URL, but when he goes to the site and tries to enter the conference he gets prompted to install the Adobe Connect Addin.  I install the addin (because he does not have Admin rights) and shut down IE then start it back up and he tries again.  Once again he gets a prompt to install the Addin.  I've tried to install the addin with IE shut down as well.  I check both the "Programs and Features" and the IE Manage Addins and Adobe Connect does not show in either place.  How can I get the addin to actually install.

Thanks,

Rodger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try either adding /?lightning=true to the meeting URL or go to the test your computer page: http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm and install the add-in from there.

There shouldn't be a need to install the add-in to join the room. The only function that requires the add-in is screen sharing, otherwise the room should be fully functional from within the Flash Player running within their browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines