• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Connect Pro add-in on Windows 7

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We love ACP but we absolutely hate the ACP add-in in terms of security. Aside from it not installing correctly on Terminal Server/XenApp (rather a show stopper for us), it now appears to have trouble on Windows 7 for similar reasons.

Running ACP on a brand new Windows 7 PC with full-administrator rights produces this error when you try and install the add-in from within a meeting:

http://www.picpaste.com/acp1-GRRRvikJ.PNG

Okay I thought, I'll simply install the add-in directly by downloading from this website:

http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updaters.html

On running setup.exe, it gives you a false sense of security in that the UAC pops up asking if you'd like to allow the program to make changes. It installs without an error and shows up in control panel.

But - when you launch a meeting, it says "add-in not installed" and asks if you want to re-install. If you do, same disk write error as first time.

As a quick workaround, I ran-up IE as administrator and started a meeting and it installed. Whether it's installed for other non-admin users, who knows.

So how do you install the ACP add-in in a very-standard locked down corporate environment so that it works for all users??

Cheers, Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS. I suspect you will have to manually copy & paste those links into your browser window to see the screenshot. This rather braindead (IMO) forum software doesn't seem to let you open links directly. Or right-click and open in new window. And why is it so slow?

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines