Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded content - delete question

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

In Adobe Connect Central (the back end) I've gone to my seminar (or meeting) and Uploaded Content. I can see my PowerPoint files listed, all good.

When I select one and go to delete it I have the following red warning show up:

* - This item has other items linked to it. If you delete this item, then the links that point to this item will also be broken. Please verify that this is what you want to do before proceeding.

The trouble I have is that even though the files are listed as Yes in the "Referenced" column (To determine if the content is still being used in the meeting room, view the Referenced column. A Yes indicates that it is still being used. An empty column indicates that it is not.) I can't see it in the room. I have actually stopped sharing in the pod in the room, not showing those files.

So why do they come up as Referenced, when they aren't in the room any more? Is it because I can go to my recent files and reload them? I find this confusing.

Thanks for your help,

Jo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jo,

There are two places I can think it could be held, in a recording from one of those rooms or in the long list of share pods you may have hidden in the past.  If you click on pods, then hover over share pods, all the share's should be listed and you can scroll down to see if it is still shared.  Also make sure you didn't put it in a file share pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Definitely not in a pod (thought it was, I clicked "stop sharing content" in those pods to remove the slides).

I hadn't thought about the files pod, thanks. It's not in there in this instance, but good to remember for the future.

The recording though... that's interesting. So if it's a file to download from the files pod, I can understand this error coming up. But if it's just a PowerPoint or PDF file, for instance, it shouldn't affect the recording to delete it, should it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to remember that recordings are not video screen captures, it is actually a playback of the assets of the session.  If you had an interactive Captivate simulation, that file would be interactive in the recording.  Because you can also have your PDF and PPT files async in the session, those assets are kept and tied to the recording as well.  That is likely what the reference that is giving you the warning.  It's also likely why Adobe doesn't limit storage space on accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines