• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Powerpoint file with animations

Participant ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually present my PowerPoint shows in Connect by screen sharing but I have a problem. The bandwidth for my employer regularly gets saturated and my connection to the Adobe server gets broken. I'm trying to find ways to reduce my bandwidth needs and the obvious place to start is the screen share. Unfortunately, the PowerPoint files I use are full of animations but on it's web page Adobe seems to suggest that such animations will vanish when uploaded. Is this correct and, if so, is there any way to upload a PowerPoint file and still maintain all of the animations?

The Adobe page I refer to above is Best Practices for sharing PPTX files on Adobe Connect

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That list is to let you know what advanced/new PPTX functions may do when converted to Flash (what happens when you upload the PPT to Connect). However as far as animations go, it should retain all entrance, exit, motion path and slide transition animations, as well as some of the emphasis animations. If the animations are set to on-click, then you will be able to cue them in Connect with the Next button or your right arrow key on your keyboard when the Share pod is your focus. If you have PPTX files, you should use the add-in (if you are not already), and I would just upload a presentation and see if there is anything that doesn't translate properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines