• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VOIP quality is deplorable

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our VOIP audio cuts in and out every 10-15 seconds.  Can't even get a complete sentence.  Everyone has to switch over to the phone line, which is VERY expensive for 400 connections.  Here is our setup.  Speakers are on phone and we connect it into Adobe Connect 9.  Participants are listening via computer audio. Doesn't matter if the event is large (500) or small (3), we are having the same issue.  I am trying to get this resolved since mid February and Adobe support has been useless. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Universal Voice integration? Have you tried using a different phone bridge?

Also, you may want to look at trying a PGi or Intercall bridge, which can be set up to function like a Universal Voice bridge, but with an adapter specific to that provider.

I'd be happy to talk through these options off-forum, if you want. You can PM me or e-mail me at jorma[at]realeyesconnect.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a problem where audio cut out (cleanly) about that often, for perhaps .5 to 1.5 seconds. We never did discover what the problem was, but it disappeared after a month or so. We were hosting with Adobe, and have a complex security system which is constantly upgraded and improved, introducing all manner of mysterious glitches, but I recall being convinced at the time that it was Adobe's connection to the audio conference provider (Verizon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I make sure to change the bandwidth settings to DSL/Cable and I've notices less cut-outs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines