• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam crashes Adobe Connect

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with a Dell XPS12 running Windows 10. Clicking on the camera icon or share my camera causes Adobe Connect to immediately crash. The latest version of Flash is installed. The Adobe Connect Plug-in is installed as well.

All other Adobe Connect features work: screen share, microphone/audio, etc.

I have tried using Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Results are the same

The webcam works with Skype and other programs. But not in Adobe Connect. The entire Adobe Connect session window/browser closes.

Rebooting the machine does nothing to resolve it.

Have attempted wired and wireless connections in several locations on different networks. All other computers, tablets and phones running the Adobe Connect work perfectly.

I'd welcome any recommendations for getting the camera working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I had a similar issue with my brand new ASUS Zenbook laptop on Windows 10. The way I fixed it is risky, you know, because of Flash Player security problems. Sadly, Adobe Connect relies on obsolete Adobe Flash Player technology.

All you might have to do to fix it, is to go to Control Panel and open Flash Player settings. Navigate to "Camera and Mic" tab and check if "Ask me..." is chosen. After that, click on the "Camera and Microphone Settings by Site..." button. From there, change "Ask me" to "Allow" for the "local" entry and, those websites entries you trust and use often. That should fix this issue and make your computer vulnerable to malware, I suppose.

Since Skype is fine, your laptop's camera driver should be working properly.

Moderators, this thread might be old and unaswered, but this question is likely to be asked again in the future and I had a similar issue recently, so I posted a reply.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure about the risky part of your fix... but we'll not spend time debating perceived vs. real Flash Security problems. 

With Connect 11, all users can use the HTML version of Connect, rather than the Flash version. So this should elminate this workflow. The issue of cameras crashing the room may no longer be an issue, but we'll see how the HTML version of Connect functions and its potential issues as more users start to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines