• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does it cost?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for a week to get some indication of what Adobe Connect costs. Why this hidden away in a secret fault? I want to set up a trial use but not if I have no idea what the price is. Can someone ballpark this? Up to 100 people, two of them on webcam and 98 participants via text chat.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that all depends a lot of choices!

1. If you are a corporation, you get pricing based on quantity of con-current users or on a named host license basis

2. If you are with a government agency, then pricing is determined by the US GSA process.

3. If you are an individual, then I suggest you go here and determine which pricing model works for you: https://service.acrobat.com/cfusion/bots/purchase/index.cfm

Understand, Adobe Connect is an enterprise product not usually sold to individuals but targeted to companies and government agencies. Adobe Connect comes in three flavors that you choose:

1. On-Premise - you buy the Adobe Connect Server and run it on your own hardware on top of Windows Server, you buy concurrent end user licenses as well to match how many people will be on the server at the same time

2. Hosted - Adobe Hosted, Partner hosted (ConenctSolutions or Amazon AWS) - You pay for the number of concurrent licenses for the year or multiple years or you pay for Named Accounts.

3. Managed Service - Adobe manages the server on your location or at a cloud provider service. You pay based on what you desire.

Another way to purchase is through the major telephone audio providers like PGi. Intercall, MeetingOne, Avaya, etc. Mnay of them sell Adobe Connect along with their telephone audio bridge solutions.

All of this depends on a lot of factors and Adobe Connect Enterprise Sales reps as well as partners and distributors can quote this based on the factors.

I suspect based on the information you provided that you are an individual and desire up to 100 simultaneous users at one time. The use of webcams or chat is irrelevent to cost as those features are native to Connect and to all participants. I would suggest you take a look at the individual pricing page mentioned above and decide if you want an annual plane, monthly plan or pay-per-use. There are calculators there to help you see the different prices. Of course that is for the Adobe Hosted option. If you want to buy your own server and your own simultaneous licenses, then please get in touch with me and I will figure out who your sales rep would be to talk to. email: hdrummon@adobe.com

The pricing is not hidden way. It just complicated because of the variopus options and the quantity. Government agencies pay a different price than corporations do and Universities also have a completely different pricing model. This is common in Enterprise wide type software sales.

Hope that clarifies the mystery a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines