• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML API access to the chat pod?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2007 Aug 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to access the contents of the chat pod, in Connect Professional, using the XML API? What I want to do is clear the contents of the pod programmatically.

I've tried drilling down through the SCO ID's of my test meetings, but I don't see anything below the meeting level. In other words there doen't seem to be a SCO for the individual pods.

Thanks Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2007 Aug 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Unfortunately, this capability isn't in the product at this time. Chat is stored as shared objects, which are only accessible via the app (not via APIs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2007 Aug 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. I suppose there's no way to tie into the stream between the different meeting clients either? What I mean is that if I'm the moderator of a meeting and I clear the chat through my pod then all the other chat pods (for the guests) are cleared as well. Any way to get at the functionality outside of the XML API?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to automate the process for a customer that uses persistent meetings. The problem is they don't want the chat text from the previous session to show up in the next session, and quite often the moderator forgets to clear it out before they exit the meeting.

Thanks
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a way to do this from the APIs today, its a manual (and therefore, error-prone as you suggest) process. I know that many customers have requested programmatic access to the meeting experience, so hopefully Adobe is working on some capabilities there to support this and other use-cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered using a custom chat pod using the Collaboration Builder SDK?

We recently built one for a client that is loaded into their persistent rooms, saves all of the chat to a specific DB outside of Connect, and will clear itself once all leave the room or the meeting has ended. They wanted it for their tech support team helping their clients. We also added their logo and the ability to print the chat session (which doesn't come with the standard pod)

PM me if interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2007 Aug 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sean,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm new to the world of Adobe development, and didn't realize you could create custom pods. I'll look into that.

Thanks again.
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines