• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does CC keep adding apps to my shortcuts?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time that an app is updated, CC adds that app to my shortcuts on the home screen.  Then I have to go back and manually remove them.  I don't use many of the CC programs and don't want them as shortcuts.  Please consider fixing this "feature."

CC v 5.11.0.522.1

Windows 11 Home

TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not intentional and doesn't usually occur.  in fact, there are many more requests by users wanting to add shortcuts to their home screen.

=============================

<moved from cc desktop ideas>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it occurs every time the apps are updated.  It's not occasional or random.  Every time I open CC my first step is to go to preferences and remove shortcuts I did not add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe you. i just don't know what would cause that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tgsnap , trying to better understand what's going on. Could you share a screenshot of the shortcuts you're referring to? Also, can you clarify what shortcuts got added that you weren't expecting? Were these shortcuts that you had previously removed and they got added back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the responses.  I'll grab a screenshot next time this happens.  I did get some up votes so I assume I am not alone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a before screenshot, and then an after screenshot and you can see Audition has been loaded as the first shortcut.  And a screen showing Audition was the only recent update.Screenshot 2023-08-26 10.36.49.pngScreenshot 2023-08-20 09.48.58.pngScreenshot 2023-08-26 10.36.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot, @tgsnap. Let me check with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple quick clarifying questions, @tgsnap . 

1. Have you enabled auto-update for your apps?

2. I see Audition was updated to 23.6.1. Do you happen to remember what version it was updated from - was it 22.x or 23.x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto update is enabled. I don’t know about the Audition version but Audition isn’t the problem. Any app that updates will automatically add itself as a shortcut. After the next updates I will take another screenshot with the new shortcuts I didn’t add. It’s been happening for months. I’m just fed up with it now and would like to try to get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update this issue, in the recent updates to Fresco and Illustrator, neither of these programs added themselves to my Shortcuts.  So I don't know if that's due to any direct changes or if it narrows down the programs that are causing the issue.  I will keep updating this thread.  I appreciate all the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tgsnap this is happening when the "major" version of the app changes. For example, you go from version 20.x to 21.x. If it's a minor version update, then the issue shouldn't occur. For example, you go from version 20.4 to 20.5. Some people prefer to keep the older versions installed so we treat the major version updates as separate apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

<moved from cc desktop ideas>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there was another batch of updates today and the behavoir is occuring again.  You can see from the time stamps my homepage before the updates, the updates in the queue, and then the home page after the updates where those updated apps are now shortcuts (without any action from me) as well as first in the order.

And to point out a nuance, the last time Fresco updated (see above) it did not add itself.  But this time it did. 

I appreciate people looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tgsnap 

you have 3 different photoshop versions (24, 25 and beta).  you expect 3 shortcuts.

if you don't want a beta, don't download it.  if you don't want to keep previous versions (eg, v 24) when updating to v 25, select that option (remove previous versions) when updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove old versions is selected.

But that’s not my issue. My issue is shortcuts are being automatically added to the CC home page.

If that’s how it’s supposed to work so be it. But I don’t think it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tgsnap , thanks for the additional screenshots. The "new" Fresco and Bridge shortcuts showed up because there were major version updates for both. Since you're removing the older version, what's happening is the older version is uninstalled first (and the shortcut removed) and then the new version is installed. We'll need to add logic to persist the placement of the shortcut in this scenario. I've created a bug for the team to work on.

If you were not removing the older version, then the behavior you're observing would be expected since you have two versions of the app installed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate this response. Oftentimes companies won't acknowledge
there's an issue, and the users are left wondering if they're crazy or not.
I noticed the same behavior during a recent upgrade when some programs said
they were newly installed and some said they were updated and, as you said
the "newly installed" programs are the only ones creating the shortcut. So
thanks again for acknowledging the issue and I'm looking forward to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tgsnap 

there's not going to be a fix for different shortcuts for different versions.

the only valid issue, is the shortcuts' locations change.  that might change in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines