• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just a little comparison

Guide ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the cloud client is the "mother" of them all, I post it here.

This is just a little comparison of how the UI, specifically the menu bars, of the Adobe tools are different at a point where you actually don't see the need for them to be different. Sure, there are many Adobe apps and those like Acrobat are total outsiders, but comparing Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator reveals quite a lot.

"What do you want to tell us?" you might ask now and I actually cannot say. My basic thought is that I wonder how and why the UI are not just the same.

Menu bars:

comparison_adobe_tools_1.png

What do we see here?

• The home button isn't always next to the icon
  • The AI logo icon looks weird
  • The ID icon is smaller than the others
  • The home symbol of PS is smaller
  • The top bar of ID is bigger in height than the others
  • The menus are vertically centered in the top bar with PS and ID, but not with AI

Next, menu:

comparison_adobe_tools_2.pngcomparison_adobe_tools_3.pngcomparison_adobe_tools_4.png

What do we see here?

• The bezel around the menu items isn't vertically centered with AI, perhaps that goes with the other topic above
  • The bezel of ID is higher than with the others

Next, the right side:

comparison_adobe_tools_5.png  Upper is AI, then comes PS, then ID

What do we see here?

• Smaller close button with AI
  • No Adobe Stock search field in PS, though it would make more sense there than in ID
  • No "Search help" field for PS and ID
  • Different approach to switch work spaces -> in AI it's a button, in ID it's a dropdown with name, while PS has none

The weirdest is how PS reacts to menu switching. See video. It has this irregular interruptions where it blanks the menu items.  

Idea No status
TOPICS
Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, post here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't wake the devil...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, if it's good enough as is, don't post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the world isn't binary. There is more than good or bad. In this case it's suboptimal and shows the internal mismanagement in a big company having teams working on single apps, putting them out as one product while not seeing the obvious. 

See, a few versions back it was already different, but not as much as now. I just wonder what happened. The close buttons were the same, the search bar was as least in two of them (not, that I ever needed them) and it sort of had the same size.

adobe_gui_comparison.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Doc Maik,

Thanks for writing to us. Please share your feedback here:- https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html , as this forum is monitored directly by our engineering team. They can review your post & may share some more insights.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do that, for sure, but there is no general user voice forum for Adobe tools and this topic isn't related to a specific app. Plus there is no actual user voice for Photoshop. Those people responsible for the server software here have changed the way users post, by having added the option to select the post by type, such as "This is a bug" or "This is an idea". Sort of the same as the user voice forums, so it contradicts a little to the existence of the user voice forums, because people start to wonder where to post, here or there. If you have a bug in ID, you would go to user voice, but only if you know of its existence. If you have one in PS, you would do what? Go here, with the chance the bug is never recorded by the PS team on their bugtracker? You see the problem? I mean, why would users post a bug to a forum which isn't read by Adobe employees?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Doc Maik wrote:
"...there is no actual user voice for Photoshop. ... If you have one in PS, you would do what?"

Hi

The Photoshop team merged their feedback site with the user-to-user forum a little over a year ago. Employees are now active on the Photoshop forum and they do read the Ideas and Bugs. Look for the Adobe badge and the "Adobe Employee" tag. It's worked out very well and I hope the other apps follow suit.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarun Saini wrote:

Please share your feedback here:- https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html , as this forum is monitored directly by our engineering team. They can review your post & may share some more insights.

Hi Tarun,

This reply has left me confused, and I hope you will clarify a few things for me:

• I looked for a blurb as to the purpose of the Creative Cloud Desktop forum and I don't see one. I also looked for posts marked Announcements and Featured thinking they would explain, but only saw one announcement for Adobe MAX. What kind of questions are appropriate here and which are not?

• I followed your link to the landing page for user-voice. Which UserVoice platform would you have @Doc Maik post his request for user interface parity between the applications? I'm not seeing one that would be appropriate — which one do you think fits his question?

• Also, what kind of posts should be made to the "Ideas" section of the Creative Cloud Desktop forum if not this one?

Thank you for clarifying the purpose of this new Creative Cloud Desktop forum.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jane-e,

I have shared the above link as @Doc Maik has multiple feedback for Adobe Apps, and that link has the individual links for all Adobe apps where he can submit the feedback. Still, later on, I checked with my team and moved this conversation to the ideas section as this section is monitored directly by our engineering team.

If anyone has any feature request they would like to have, they can post under the ideas section in this Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Tarun Saini ! The OP had originally posted to the Ideas section and was directed in this thread to go to Wishform or UserVoice, which made no sense. Thank you for checking with your team and straightening this all out. It's very helpful and appreciated!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all for the attention.

Votes

Translate