• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Accounts - Only 1 at a time, how is this still a thing!!

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a work account for photoshop and lightroom and a personal account for premier. It is inexcusable that everytime I need to edit a video I must close everything I am working on to log out to log into another account, and hevan forbid I need to photoshop an asset to use in premier. How is sign-in not tied to the APP? I'm paying for Premier, my company is paying for Photoshop. Its seems like such a simple soultion, tie the log in to the APP you are paying for and not every adobe product on the computer. 

Does anyone have a work around other than buying two computers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Thats about the most ridiculous corporate speake I've ever heard.

"Users" are subscring for the "equipment" and some "users" would like to be able to acess all the "equipment" they are paying for at the same time. The focus on the user and not the equipment is the problem. Its so easy to fix, Business accounts could have a feature added to assign the apps to another adobe account and rovoke at any time, or like I showed in the concept photo above, allow users to sign in to apps from the creative

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good suggestion (though i bet, if implemented, lots of people will scream that adobe ruined their corporate workflow where different users utilize the same computer and must now sign out and then back in on every single app to get to their cc files). so, adobe would have to contend with that.

but make it here to be meaningful, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt corporate users are frequently using their personal accounts on work computers. I would say the market or people like me who work in the field or from home that have both apps provided by their employer and apps they have thier own personal subscription to is larger than exspected. 

I wouldn't even care if I had to be running two copies of the creative cloud app if it would save me from having to save and close everything just to access another program to make a minor change. I can't honestly think of a good reason why this wouldn't be a feature. If I am paying for two diffrent subscriptions for two diffrent programs then I should be able to access both of those programs. Image if work payed for MS Word, but you paid for excel and you couldn't use one without closing the other one of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it really doesn't matter what you (or any of the rest of use posting here) think, and it doesn't matter what you (or any of the rest of us) post here.  post where suggested, or feel free to vent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simpler solution would be to have one plan that contains all 3 apps.  But since you don't, you must log-out of one to access the other account.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplier but not fesiable. I can't exactly tell my company to just add a program they don't use to their subscription. A simplier solution would just be to allow multiple logins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Adobe side (and I'm guessing as am not representing them), they may not see a high demand for this type of situation (as you acknowledged) or may not have considered it. As was mentioned before, you could request Adobe do this.

Something that is common in workplaces is that work computers are not to be used for personal projects, particularly if they are commercial. So in the case of people doing some commercial projects outside of their primary work role, they may have a separate computer with a personal licence with the necessary software. That removes any issues of conflicts of using a company's resources for outside work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@scottp-acmevnt,

Creative Cloud is a user-based subscription, not an equipment-based subscription. Under the current model, what you ask is not feasible.

Fellow product users have no influence over what Adobe does.  Please do file your official feature request at UserVoice below where it will be seen by the product developement team in charge of Creative Cloud desktop app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Creative Cloud desktop app - https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats about the most ridiculous corporate speake I've ever heard.

"Users" are subscring for the "equipment" and some "users" would like to be able to acess all the "equipment" they are paying for at the same time. The focus on the user and not the equipment is the problem. Its so easy to fix, Business accounts could have a feature added to assign the apps to another adobe account and rovoke at any time, or like I showed in the concept photo above, allow users to sign in to apps from the creative cloud app as another user. 

I'll submit the sugestion, its just a bad implimentation and I don't understand why some people are defending it so much. I found countless post on here, reddit, and other forums of people who have work and personal accounts. I don't have this problem with any other software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines