• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A simple Adobe version list with release dates?

Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to have too many ways to refer to versions. For example, looking at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/pantone-color-books-indesign.html

about the Pantone change, I see:

"Standardized pre-loaded color libraries, also known as Pantone Color books, have begun to be phased out of Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop in software updates released as of August 16, 2022.

After the November 2022 release, the only Pantone Color books that will remain are:

• Pantone + CMYK Coated
  • Pantone + CMYK Uncoated
  • Pantone + Metallic Coated"

If some of us get Adobe 2022 is that the August 16 release? Or the November 2022 release? In the CC app, there is yet another set of numbers:  e.g. InDesign 17.4.1.  I think that's Adobe 2022, but I don't know if it's the August or November release.

I can't seem to find a page, a list, a cross-reference, etc. on the Adobe site that pulls these references all together with release dates so our team can determine when and how we're actually going to be impacted by a change.

Thanks, and apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe naming and versioning is a mess.  i don't know anything better than googling specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a page, a list, a cross-reference, etc. on the Adobe site that pulls these references all together with release dates so our team can determine when and how we're actually going to be impacted by a change.

I have the same issue and I've been using Adobe software for many years. It got really bad when the Cloud versioning arrived and they interchangably use years (CC 2015, 2023) and version numbering. Now they say Nov 2022 update which confuses things even more.

In my view, it's a mess and gets worse as time passes. Version numbering by Adobe has been poor for several years.

As @kglad says, googling is the only surefire way I've found to keep on top of which version is which.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, at least I know it's not me. Didn't there used to be a site called "Adobe Voice" where we could enter suggestions for Adobe? If so, I can't seem to find that either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@quoz 

oh man, you're nailing adobe's weak points (and there are a few).  yes, there have been and still are a confusing array of adobe suggestion areas.

some link back to the forums, but this (these) is (are) a good starting point(s):

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The first link goes to, like you said, very product-specific UserVoice sites, none of which apply here. The second is also very product-specific, but includes "Creative Cloud desktop", which I suppose is about as close as I'm going to get to ...organizational feedback. I did a search and found a 9/14/2022 entry titled "list of changes + version history with release dates"... which seems pretty similar to what I'm asking for. So I upvoted that. Plus, to make sure it was understood and maybe (maybe) put back in front of their eyeballs, I made my own posting with this same title. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i voted for it.  you should also vote for it, if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines