• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe apps do not recognize Mac OS X folders as folders - what is going on??????

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the previous 3-4 months I have noticed what has to be the biggest bug in Adobe apps there can possibly be.

When I save an InDesign or Illustrator file to a work folder, and I click on a folder to put that file into it - say... saving a FINAL print PDFx in a folder called "FINAL" - when I click on that folder, the filename changes to the name of the folder.

THE FILENAME CHANGES TO THE NAME OF THE FOLDER!!!!

This completely screws up my workflow. I cannot have this happening when I need to save incremental proofs with dates and numbers in the filename - this cannot happen AT ALL.

Never, in the history of using Adobe apps, has they failed like this before. Yes, lots of bugs, lots of shortcomings... I have lists a mile long on each app but Adobe does not listen so they continue to be a pain to use...

But now this?

What is going on?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like a joint computer/adobe problem (assuming that occurs with no other software other than adobe's). i'm not sure how you can debug it, but possibly adobe support can help.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is only occuring with InDesign and Illustrator I made that giant leap to determine it is yet another bug with Adobe software. Sure, it may because of an update with the Mac OS, but given what we all pay for Adobe products, why are we the ones troubleshooting them - and not getting paid to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, it may because of an update with the Mac OS, but given what we all pay for Adobe products, why are we the ones troubleshooting them ...?

By @AndrewC1264

It is possible that that bug didn't show up in any of the beta tester's usage.

Please use UserVoice to report it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines