• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe background apps

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe apps are currently running, but there are a lot of background processes. Why are there so many background apps?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a list of all of Adobe's background processes and what they are used for:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understand that many applications and each do their job, but why there are so many of them and why some applications are launched several times is not clear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I do not want any Sync. I do not want any font. I do not want any automatic update. I am paying $600 a year and I should have the rigt to run the software whener I want and stop it anytime; not whenever Adobe wants to take control of my computer and runs 20 processes in the background... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, the bulk of background applications are used to control the license of installed applications and fight piracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting, so Adobe use us, the people who pay for the license, to protect their software. You know I have some other expensive software like ArcGIS, MACH4, etc and none of the doing what Adobe does. Why don't adobe create a node for our computers so we can use our software in specific computer/s. and if we change computer just go our account and replace the license node and assign it to new computer. This way the license is embedded to my computer and Adobe does not have to run their several processes on my device without my permission 24/7  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are so worried about pirated software that in an ironic twist the pirated software is easier to install and run.

Not really a great incentive to purchase.

Just Saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right but unfortunately, we are paying the price.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Adobe processes which I have to kill all the time. FYI this is while I am not running ANY adobe software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is incorrect answer. I read all of Adobe's background processes and what they are used for... So what? I just want to run Photoshop, I DO NOT want to run tasks to protect Acobe Company License Security except Adobe wants to pay me $600 per year and the cost of computer, internet etc...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Adobe Company- sorry for mistyping 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines