Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe cloud keeps asking for verification code when 2FA is turned off

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using my client's credentials to work on a project on their cloud. I often have to log out from my Client's account to switch back to my work. For the client, the cloud keeps asking for the verification code although all sorts of 2FAs are turned off for my client. This was never an issue before but now it's hindering our smooth work flow. 

Please suggest what to do in this case? the client has their own individual account. It is not an organization account 

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the client prompted for 2fa when signing in?

if so, they could contact support.  use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your reply. For the client it does not ask for any verification code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then there's some problem on your end.  because i'm don't understand what you're doing, i don't know what that could be.

do you have adobe subscription ?  if so, is that an individual subscription?

is your client's subscription an individual subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client has an individual account. I log in to their account to access the files. They do not wish to share them with anyone's individual account. You have to use their credentials to login and do the work.

We have been working like this for years until last month when we had to renew subscription. After that it prompts me for 2FA (when client has turned it off) and doesnt ask the client for 2FA.

Hope this explains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the client sign out of all their computers (account.adobe.com)

then you sign into your cc desktop app using the clients id/password. (i'm assuming you're not signed into the cc app on any of your computers.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We sat together and made sure that the client is logged out from all accounts (web or desktop). I logged in, got the 2FA, Provided that code, logged out to check if it asks for verification again, logged back in and it still asks for verification.

Its really frustrating now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

remove adobe license info from your problematic computer, then sign in with client's credentials.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/issue-deleting-license-info.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines